The School Council at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School consists of a team of extremely active, dedicated and well organised children. The members of the council take their roles very seriously and, as a result of their hard work, have orchestrated and coordinated positive changes within the school.
The School Council is the voice of the children. The Council consists of two representatives in each year from across the school from Foundation Stage to Year 6, members of staff and governors. New representatives are elected each school year. The Council meets at least once every month where they contribute to school improvement and work together to ensure the health and well-being of all members of the school community.
Being a School Councilor provides the opportunity to learn real-life skills take on responsibilities and be involved in decision making. In the last academic year the council dealt with playtime games, attendance, Zambia projects and bullying. Each year they also look forward to a visit to London and a tour of the Houses of Parliament…take a look here
Everyone really loves the responsibility of being on the school council. Recently we have made big changes to our outdoor play-area, the available play equipment and we have been involved in lots of activities and initiatives in school. We have also increased access to our field through the removal of a perimeter fence. However, this represents only a small percentage of the work carried out by the council!
The School Council Vision Statement is as follows:
- Our school council works together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible.
- We aim to make pupils to feel comfortable, happy and safe at school.
- We shall work hard to make our world a better place.
- We want to improve our school by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- We aim to listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place.