Little Hearts is a Pre-school based within Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School. We also offer wraparound care - Breakfast Club, and the school provide after school provision, Heart Zone.
We aim to provide affordable sessional care within the local community which offers a safe friendly stimulating environment. This in turn will help your child to develop & learn to their full potential. Within the playgroup opportunities for children to play are structured around the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance to ensure that all children receive a quality experience that supports their development and learning.
Our session times:
Morning session: 8.30am – 11.30am
Lunch club: 11.30am – 12.15pm
Afternoon session: 12.15pm – 3.15pm
We are an OFSTED registered play group, in our last inspection we thrilled to be awarded "OUTSTANDING" in all areas! We were particularly proud that Ofsted commented that:
- Teaching is inspirational and consistently of a very high quality. The manager and her staff team use their qualifications exceptionally well to help provide children with activities and support which challenge their learning to the highest level.
- Additional funding, such as early years pupil premium, is used superbly to target children's specific needs, especially those children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- Children's behaviour is outstanding. Staff support them extremely well to develop a strong awareness of behavioural expectations within the pre-school.
- Children show very high levels of independence for their age. They demonstrate exceptional skills in managing their own belongings and cooperate extremely well with other children when they enter pre-school at the beginning of the day.
- Partnerships with parents are first class. The manager and her staff team place utmost priority on working together with parents to ensure children's welfare and learning needs are placed at the heart of all pre-school practices.
- Exciting and innovative experiences outdoors support children's physical health very well and help them to take risks and attempt new challenges in their play.
- Support for staff to improve their skills is excellent. They benefit from superior monitoring of their teaching, ongoing training and highly-focused supervision meetings.
You can read the full report below: