Garden Kitchen is the catering brand formed by the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust and we are very excited that this has been rolled out at our school, we pride ourselves on FRESH, QUALITY & LOCAL.
What this means to your child is:
- We only use quality prime cuts of British Meat
- All our eggs are free-range and local
- Suppliers are local to the North East
- All fruit and veg are Grade A, fresh and local when possible
- Meals are prepared onsite from our trained catering team use fresh, quality & local ingredients.
The new menus are extremely flexible and have much more choice, each day the following options will be available:-
- Main Course Option
- Vegetarian Option
- Pasta Option
- Jacket Potato & Filling Option
- Dessert of the Day
- Salad Bar
- Fruit & Yoghurt Bar
- Drink (Sugar Free Squash, Water or Milk)
A copy of our Carb Count Menu with Gluten Free Information Menus can be also be requested. We have lots more exciting ideas in the pipeline to get the kids interested in food, cooking and school dinners. Watch this Space!
Packed Lunch Policy
As an accredited Healthy School, packed lunch boxes must be nutritionally balanced and should not include fizzy drinks, chocolate or high-fat crisps. By the same token, please try to increase the amount of fruit, yoghurt, brown bread, vegetables and unflavoured water, wherever you can. Nuts or foods containing nuts are not allowed. This is because of the number of children who have quite severe reactions, often life-threatening. Obviously these children avoid consuming nuts themselves but they can react in the same way if simply in a room where nuts can be found in another child’s lunch box. I am sure you will understand that we have to be very careful and I appreciate your support.